Lawyer rates: Dynamics 365 allows users to specify an agreed price per hour or fixed price in the Matter record. Once an Opportunity is closed as Won, a matter will be automatically created in Dynamics 365. Since the Matter and Opportunity are connected, the system will be able to create an invoice with the correct prices by priority which you have chosen:
- For user = fixed price (for any matters)
- For Accounts or Contacts = fixed-price or specific price per lawyer
- For matter = price per user OR fixed
Rate may be set up:
1. For the specific Customer, it means that all time entries will inherit this amount.
2. For the specific matter – only for this matter rates will be set up
3. The rate can be defined as general - this rate will be set up for all Lawyers.
4. Also, you may add a specific rate for the particular lawyer.
5. By default, each attorney will have default rates for all their time entries, they will be applied unless you create specific ones.